“The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear.” – Deut. 18:15
Hey good people! I want you to know how much I appreciate the love you show me in following and reading my blog. I know that you don’t have to do it, but you choose to read. Thank-you so much for the love! I’m sending love back your way. Please know that from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate you!
It’s really neat how we can see Christ throughout the Bible. We can even see Christ in the life of Moses. Moses is a type of Christ. They share similar characteristics. Let’s look at a few here:
- At the time of Moses’ birth, the king of Egypt ordered all Hebrew-born males to be killed (Exo. 1:16-17, 22). At the time of Jesus’ birth, King Herod sought to destroy Jesus and ordered all males 2 years old and under in Bethlehem to be killed (Mt. 2:3, 13, 16-18).
- Moses was hidden so that he would not be killed (Ex. 2:2-3). Jesus was also hidden. Joseph fled with his family to Egypt to escape Herod (Mt. 2:14-15).
- Moses walked through and crossed the Red Sea (Ex. 14:21-22). Jesus walked on the Sea of Galilee (Mt. 14:25).
- Moses performed miracles, turning water into blood (Ex. 7:20). Jesus performed miracles, turning water into wine (Jn. 2:8-10; 4:46).
- Moses’ face was transfigured on Mt. Sinai (Ex. 34:29-34). Jesus was transfigured on a mountain, as well (Mt. 17:1-2).
- The body of Moses is disputed over (Jude 9). The body of Jesus was/is disputed over also (Mt. 28:12-15).
Can you find more? Add them to the comments. I’d love to see what you find.
It’s all the more evidence that the Scriptures all point to Jesus Christ.
Won’t you believe in Him today? Won’t you confess His sweet name? Won’t you repent today? And won’t you be baptized? Come to Jesus today.
Photo by Jeswin Thomas on Pexels.com