“In that day a man will look to his Maker, and his eyes will have respect for the Holy One of Israel.” – Isaiah 17:7
Hi friends! I hope that you are well. Thank you for reading and following my blog. I appreciate you!!
Would you rather be loved or respected? Some may argue that if someone loves you, then they automatically respect you. It’s hard to choose one or the other. But it’s a fact that you don’t have to love a person to respect them. Dictionary.com defines respect as “to hold in esteem or honor” or “to show regard or consideration for.” It’s a basic human tenet. Nobody likes to be disrespected.
And God, especially, doesn’t like to be disrespected. Yet, every time we sin, we show disrespect to God. God desires respect just like we do. There are a number of ways we can show God respect:
- We can respect God’s Word. (Hebrews 1:1-2)
- We can respect that God doesn’t expect us to obey every command of the Bible. (Colossians 2:14, 16-17)
- We can respect God’s silence. (1 Corinthians 4:6)
- We can respect what God says about worship. (John 4:24)
- We can respect what God says about how to be become a Christian. (Mark 16:16)
- We can respect what God says about baptism. (Ephesians 4:4-6)
God wants us to both love and respect Him. We’re to love the Lord our God with all our heart, with all our soul, with all of our strength, and with all of our minds (Mark 12:30). And we must show the Father respect, just like we do our earthly fathers (Hebrews 12:9). Let’s give God our utmost respect.
I don’t know about you, but I would rather have both love and respect, but if I had to choose, then respect it is! What about you? Would you rather be loved or respected?