“That at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, of those in heaven, of those on earth, and of those under the earth.” – Philippians 2:10
Hey readers! Thanks for continuing to read! I appreciate you and your show of love!!
We’ve considered that Jesus is a historical figure, He’s also Prophet, Priest, and King. He’s much more than an ordinary human. He’s the Savior of the world! He’s a number of things to those of us who believe and to the whole world. Just like many of us have different titles, like how I’m a disciple of Christ (I’m not a ho peless person in this world; there’s hope in Christ) and I’m a lady, Jesus has different names and titles, as well. Let’s look at some of the other designations of Jesus.
Designations of Jesus through the Alphabet
- Advocate. 1 Jn. 2:1 – “My little children, I am writing you these things so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father – Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.:
- Bread of Life. Jn. 6:48 – “I am the bread of life.”
- Counselor. Is. 9:6 – “For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- Deliverer. Rom. 11:26 – “And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: ‘The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness for Jacob.'”
- Eternal Life. 1 Jn. 5:21 – And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
- Fountain. Zec. 13:1 – “On that day a fountain will be opened for the house of David and for the residents of Jerusalem, to wash away sin and impurity.”
- Good Shepherd. Jn. 10:11 – “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
- High Priest. Heb. 4:15 – For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympatize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted, as we are, yet without sin.”
- I Am. Jn. 8:58 – “Jesus said to them, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.'”
- Judge. Acts 10:42 – “[…] it is He who was ordained by god to be Judge of the living and the dead.”
- King of kings. 1 Tim. 6:15 – “[…] He who is blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords.”
- Light of the world. Jn. 8:12 – “[…] I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
- Mediator. 1 Tim. 2:5 – “There is one God and one Mediator between God and man, the Man Christ Jesus.
- Nazarene. Mt. 2:23 – “And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, ‘He shall be called a Nazarene!”
- Overseer. 1 Pt. 2:25 – “For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.”
- Prophet. Mt. 2:11 – “So the multitudes said, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth of Galilee.”
- Quieter. Zph. 3:17 – “The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will quiet you with His love […]”
- Rock. 1 Cor. 10:4 – “And all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.”
- Servant. Isa. 42:1 – “Behold! My Servant whom I uphold, My Elect One in whom My Soul delights! […]”
- Truth. Jn. 14:16 – “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
- Unique. Job 23:13 – “But He is unique, and who can make Him change? And whatever His soul desires, that He does.”
- Vine. Jn. 15:1 – “I am the vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.”
- Wisdom of God. 1 Co. 1:24 – “But to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.”
- Excellent. Ps. 8:1 – “O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth, who have set Your glory above the heavens.”
- Yoke-bearer. Mt. 11:29-30 – “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
- Zion-dweller. Heb. 12:22 – “But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels.”
Photo by Heiner on Pexels.com