10 Reasons Jesus Came to Earth
“For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” – John 1:17
Hey friends! I hope that you are well. Thanks so much for reading and sticking with me in this journey! I am so thankful for you. And as always, I appreciate you!!!
Have you given some thought as to why Jesus came to earth? I mean, He’s the Son of God and He left the glory of heaven. He had to be on a mission, and He was. Let’s look at 10 reasons Jesus ventured out from His home in heaven to grace us here on earth.
- Jesus came to fulfill the law and the prophets. He told His disciples, ” Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17). Christ is the end of the law to those who believe (Rom. 10:4).
- Jesus came to glorify the Father. He prayed to God, “I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do” (John 17:4). Jesus’ job was to glorify the Father.
- Jesus came to be Lord of all people. “For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living” (Romans 14:9).
- Jesus came to preach the good news. Jesus said to His disciples, “Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also, because for this purpose I have come forth” (Mark 1:38). We also observe that Jesus arrived on earth to preach in Isaiah 61:1.
- Jesus came to preach repentance. In Luke 13:3, He implored those listening that “unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.” And He came “that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem” (Luke 24:47).
- Jesus came to bring life. He explained, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly” (John 10:10).
- Jesus came to condemn sin. He condemned sin in the flesh and He walked the earth without ever committing a sin (Romans 8:3-4). He was sinless (Heb. 4:15).
- Jesus came to die for sinners. “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
- Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. “He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil” (1 John 3:8).
- Jesus came to bring salvation. The angel of the Lord declared that He should be called Jesus, “for He will save His people from their sins” (Matthew 1:21). And Jesus Himself stated that “he who believes and is baptized will be saved. But he who does not believe will be condemned” (Mark 16:16).
Jesus’ mission was to die for you and me – sinners, condemned and unclean. He destroyed the works of the devil and preached good news and repentance. And He’s come that we might have life abundantly.
Have you made Him Lord of your life? Have you repented of your sins? Have you obeyed Him to receive the salvation that He offers? If not, why not do it today? Don’t wait too late. Jesus is calling. Will you answer?
Photo by Rodolfo Clix on Pexels.com